Since June 12th Robert and I have had 2 places to call home. Our AC units died late last year. In early May we had an AC repair guy come out to the condo to tell us that both wall units are dead and that it would be $1,100 to replace ONE of them. (Side note, the building was built in 1952 so there is no central air, just 2 wall units-one in the main room, one in the bedroom). We were doing research on other options when the heat moved in on Atlanta quickly. So, my in-laws were nice enough to open their home to us and let us stay. We thought it would only be for a week-turned out to be almost a month before we finally got this beauty in our home:

When we turned it on last night around 5:45, it was 90 degrees in our main room (and 92 in the bedroom). When we went to bed around 11:30 it was 81 degrees in the main room, and 88 degrees in the bedroom! When I left for work this morning it was 75 degrees in the main room and 85* degrees in the bedroom. Such a HUGE improvement in 12 hours.
*yes, I realize that 85 is still warm, but when you have 4 fans blowing on you it feels bearable!!
I'll post pictures later of what our bedroom currently looks like with the fans. I am so happy to be back at home and not have to shuffle between two places. And so incredibly thankful for my in laws for letting us stay!!
No comments:
Post a Comment