Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Skinny Minny

I want to brag on my Mom for a moment.  Since December 20, 2010 she has lost 68 pounds.  She still wants to lose another 32 or so, but she looks amazing!

I had to attend the NHRA race in Bristol this past weekend for work.  Since my parents live 2 hours from there, we used it as an excuse to spend a long weekend with them.  It has honestly been since Thanksgiving that I've seen them-Christmas was spent with Robert's family this year and a planned trip to Atlanta for them got canceled when my sister's appendix ruptured in May (which she is recovering well from).
 

Friday I had to work, so Robert hung out with my parents and my Dad immediately put him to work as they rehung the porch screen.  Friday night Robert joined my parents and sister at the Smokies baseball game (a AA affiliate of the Chicago Cubs).  The plan was for me to join them there, but after 2 rounds of the top fuel qualifier one decided to catch caught on fire which delayed my departure time.  Robert texted me that the game was over as I was pulling in the parking lot-no lie.  But I did make it to my seat just in time to see the fireworks show.
IMG_3484.jpg

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a sucker for a fireworks show (or anything bright and shiny). 

Saturday we headed to Oak Ridge to go to a Lavender Festival that my Mom has missed every year for the last 7 years that they have lived in the area.  Yeah, she hasn't been missing much.  But the people watching was quite nice. 

Robert assisted me in making Baked French Toast Casserole with Maple Syrup on the Food Network for my dad for Father's Day.  It was delicious and very easy to make.  I really liked that we were able to make it the night before and then pop it in the oven when we got home from church.  I would recommend letting the praline topping to sit before spreading it.  Since the main ingredient is butter, it gets hard after sitting in the fridge all night.  I pulled it out before we left for church and it was perfect for spreading by the time we got home.  *Note-definitely not for anyone who is watching calories



Overall the weekend was great!  We're looking forward to running the Peachtree Road Race 10K on July 4th and then we're hopping in a car shortly after we complete to head to St. Simon's Island for the rest of the week.  We're still debating on if a shower will be involved after running, or if we are literally going to get in the car and go (my vote is for a shower, we are smelly people after running and 5 hours in a car is a long time to be trapped with the smell!)

No comments:

Post a Comment