I feel like I'm becoming quite the traveler these days. Typically for my job I don't have to travel much. Since starting with the company I've traveled to Lexington KY for a conference, MN for a conference, AZ for a conference, DC for a 4 hour meeting, and AL and TN for NASCAR races. I've been with the company for 3.5 years now-so that really isn't a lot of travel. However, since June I've been to Englishtown NJ, Bristol TN, San Francisco CA and I'm currently on a plane to Seattle WA.
Last weekend (oh yes, these are weekend travels) I was in San Fran. I attempted to do some research on the city-but I really didn't know what my schedule would be like. My hotel was near Fisherman's Wharf which was an interesting area- a lot of tourists. So I guess the real highlight of the trip was walking across the Golden Gate Bridge (yes the whole 1.9 miles each way). It was pretty windy-but it was so amazing and scary at the same time (I'll try to post pictures later when I'm not on a plane). The city is absolutely beautiful and I already told Robert I want us to go back and play. *Side note, if you look up information on wikipedia.com about the Golden Gate Bridge there is an entire section on suicides-apparently more people die by suicide at the GGB than any other place in the world.
This weekend Seattle is my destination. I wasn't supposed to go, but my boss knows my brother lives out there so she asked if I wanted dibs on the trip if someone had to go. Only bummer part, my brother has to play Army again so I'll miss out on seeing him but I do get to explore the city with my sister in law. I am going to try to make it a point to find some of the scene locations from Sleepless in Seattle. I know, I'm weird, but it is one of my favorite movies (and I plan to do the same thing whenever I get to go to NYC (You've Got Mail) and I really want to go to the Festival of Lights (Steel Magnolias).
No comments:
Post a Comment