The car ride starts off wonderfully, we hit to road at AIS (*ss in seat-a term commonly used in the Dougherty household) and make great time. I was actually a bit nervous because this was going to be the first trip that it was just Robert and I and his parents- usually Robert's siblings are with us. So, we're just outside of Birmingham when I decide to show Robert's dad the "hide ya kids, hide ya wife" video on my iPhone. Apparently the last video that I was watching on there is the Natalie Portman sketch from SNL. (If you aren't familiar with this video, just Google "Natalie Portman, SNL" I don't take responsibly for the horrible language). Yeah, so that disclaimer I just gave you...I click on the youtube app and that comes up BLARRING. I am telling you, I could not have gotten the video to start where it did had I planned it. Let's just say some lovely words were said and I was called out for horrible language and my poor selection of "music." Well shoot...good thing I'm already married into the family!!
We get into Oxford Friday afternoon and drive around campus for a little bit before heading to the square to get some dinner. It was only about 5 when we got to the square so we decide to take a quick look around and then head to Ajax for dinner. When we started our loop around, Ajax was empty. By the time we made it back around 30 mins later, there was a good 30 min wait. But I'm so glad we waited, because the food was delicious! We're still talking about it weeks later! After that we head to our lodging for the weekend-a cabin at a state park 30 minutes east of Oxford.
The cabin was actually great. Sadly it had a nicer TV than Robert and I own,
Those would be the highlights of the weekend...it really was a lot of fun, and of course always better when Auburn wins!
Tomorrow I hop on a plane to Phoenix right at the beginning of the AU vs. UGA game. I have to go out there for work and will be attending yet another NASCAR race (I never thought I would be able to say I've been to 3 different races...Bristol, 'Dega, and Phoenix). We're hoping to go to atleast one Diner, Drive-in, and Dive location so I should have some good stories soon! Maybe I won't wait a month to post again...
No comments:
Post a Comment