Friday, November 19, 2010

Phoenix


Just before the race began.  Our Valvoline client
and our Teacher of the Year.

So, what have I been doing this past week?  Let me share some pictures with you.  While I don't enjoy watching the car laps, I found the behind the scenes of NASCAR to be much more interesting.

The whole purpose of going out to Phoenix was to award a teacher who is involved with our Valvoline program as the Valvoline/ASE Teacher of the Year.  There was an award ceremony Wednesday night, but we flew the teacher and his wife out early to treat them to the race. 






Pit Stop for Matt Kenseth
#17 Valvoline car

Carl Edwards, who won, is on the Roush-Fenway team.  Valvoline is a sponsor of Roush-Fenway, so we were able to go down into Victory Lane.  It was certainly a zoo, but really interesting to be apart of. 


Gatorade Victory Lane
at Phoenix International Raceway
















Carl Edwards in Victory Lane


They are quite organized in Victory Lane with their pictures.  When they first got in there, all the crew members and Carl threw feathers because their sponsor was AFLAC.  (If you look at the confetti sticking to the walls, they were actually baby hammers and wrenches.  Something that I would have never known if I wasn't there.)  And then for the next few minutes someone yells a sponsor and they all switch their hats, hold up a #1 with their finger and smile.  We actually did get to take a picture with Carl, but the official photographer took those.   
My boss and I in front of the trophy


The highlight of my trip was going to Chino Bandido.  I absolutely love Diners, Drive Ins and Dives on Food Network-so while we were there we decided to look up a place to try.  Certainly a dive, but oh so good.  I got the carnitas, jade red chicken, jerk fried rice and refried beans.  I wish I took a picture of it, but I dove right in as soon as it got in front of me!   

No comments:

Post a Comment