Football season is in full swing, which means Robert and I are out of town for almost everyone home game during the season. We weren't planning on going to the Florida Atlantic game, but then I found out the Velcro Pygmies is going to be playing at the Supper Club that night! The icing on the cake is that it is a 6:00 kickoff-which may be bad because that means a full day of tailgating followed by a late night out!
But when we aren't at Auburn, we've been dealing with our closet. Oh our closet! Let me give you some history first. Back in July, while Robert was in California, I spent all weekend cleaning our closet and bedroom. It's been a wreck for the last few months as we have been fixing issues so I got it looking nice and organized, as seen here:
Well, a few weeks ago, the morning of one of Robert's interviews, he walks into our closet looking like this:
He sends it to me, with a text message "my suit is under there" Miraculously nothing of importance broke, just some of the plastic containers. And his suit was ok after he was able to dig it out. But it was a pain for a good week while we tried to decide what to do in there.
So on Labor Day, we decided that it would be a day of labor-and the closet would be tackled and complete. So off to Home Depot we went for the supplies we would need. We came home and had 3/4 of Robert's clothes hanging back up (and even finally getting rid of some in the process), when we hear a thud in the closet and walk into this...
Well darn... (ok, other words were used. by me). Ok, I sugar coated the process of getting it back up- it may or may not have involved a throwing fit by me after another shelf collapsed on me (just into the closet of course). Yes, I over reacted, but I couldn't help it. I had spent so much time on this closet that I just wanted it to go away.
So now, after making sure studs even existed in the wall-which I've marked but we're still not 100% sold on how "studly" they are- Robert is attempting #2 of closet redo. Who knew this would be so difficult?
I'll be sure to post pictures when we have it done...hopefully by the weekend...
This has happened to me so I feel your pain. Good luck to Robert!
ReplyDelete