Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday's 5

Ok, I'm totally stealing this from Jenntern but in an effort to actually post on a weekly basis I have no shame in admitting it.  Each Friday I'm going to post 5 things that's going on...I may even get creative and have themes, but let's not get to crazy.

Heading to the Plains: Robert and I purchased season tickets again this year.  Since we've done very well with saving money while we only have 1 income, we decided to keep the tickets instead of selling them.  This week our friends Becki and Aaron are coming down with us.  A bunch of Robert's friends from Auburn put together a tailgate on a weekly basis.  The best part is, Shane is one of those friends so in the fall I get to see my sister Marybeth fairly often.  There is an obnoxious all Auburn tailgate next to us, and we're always observing ways to make our tailgate like theirs.  It's been run by guys for so long that it's the essentials and nothing "decorative."  We hope to change that!  

Braves vs. Phillies: My parents are coming down next weekend for the Braves vs. Phillies game.  It's going to be Robert and me, my parents, my sister Karen and her boyfriend Jamie, and my sister Michelle.  We thought it would be a better match up, not Braves being 6 games back.  But considering my Dad, Mom and Michelle are rooting for Philly and all the ATL folks are pulling for the Braves, it should get interesting.  

Softball: Robert and I play on a softball team on Thursday nights for George's Bar and Restaurant (they have FABULOUS burgers, located in the Highlands).  We have a good team, yet we somehow manage to lose almost every game.  We may need to change our team name next year if we don't start winning some-George's may not want our publicity.  Last night the other team was up 13-0 in the first inning.  It doesn't help that one of the umps hates our team and always calls against us (last night a bad call cost us 7 runs in the first inning).

Productive: I'm very impressed with my lack of procrastination for Robert's birthday present this year.  His birthday isn't until October 7th, and I got his present on Wednesday!  Now my challenge is to hide it until then and figure out what we are going to do.  I'll tell you all after his birthday what I got him, just in case he decides to read this :)

Team Buckhead: I mentioned in yesterday's post about carpool.  A couple months ago 3 girls from work and I joined up to start carpooling to work (aka Team Buckhead).  We've been doing it since July and it's been great.  Not only am I filling up my car A LOT less often (round trip the office is 34 miles with a $.50 toll for me), but it makes dealing with the traffic much better.  It's amazing the difference driving in the traffic makes when you only have to do it 1 or 2 times a week!

Happy weekend!!  

2 comments:

  1. first you steal my friday 5 and now my blog theme/background. for shame! jk love it and love you. PS - susanna and lyndsay WT came by the office today they are in town for the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear I didn't realize it was your theme/background until much later...I'm attempting to change it but I'm trying to figure out different options

    ReplyDelete