Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday's Five

1. HS Football- Tonight we are going to the St. Pius X game (Robert's HS) with his parents.  I've been bugging Robert for 2 years about wanting to go to a game.  We finally found a weekend that they are playing at home and we aren't in Auburn.  I loved going to HS football games when I was living in Dothan; Emily and I went to 3 or 4 of them together.  For a pregame meal tonight we're going to a Cuban Restaurant that is supposed to be delicious (insert Fergie's song "D to the E to the L-I-C-I-O-U-S).  Robert and his parents have been before, but this is my first time. 

2. Braves Game- I know this is one of last week's 5, but we're going to the Braves vs. Phillies game on Sunday.  The weather is supposed to be absolutely perfect!  Although the Phillies already clinched the NL East, Atlanta is still in the running for the Wild Card.  We need the Cubies to beat up on the Padres to help our cause if we can't win against the Phillies.  Every game this weekend is standing room only, so hopefully it will be a good game!

3. Feelin' Hot, Hot, Hot- I accidentally ate a Habanero pepper this week.  Robert made some amazing pork in the crock pot with onions and peppers.  One of the peppers he added was a Habanero pepper.  If you aren't familiar with these little demons, let me inform you.  My first experience with one was about a year or 2 ago when Robert was making chili.  They look so small and cute:

And I even make the comment that they are so small and cute and couldn't be that hot.  So Robert cuts off a small sliver and I put it in my mouth.  The SECOND it touches my tongue I immediately spit it out on the floor and go to the sink to run cold water in my mouth.  The burning doesn't stop for a good 5 minutes while Robert is laughing hysterically at me. 
Fast forward to Wednesday night when we are enjoying the pulled pork, onions and peppers as nachos.  The moment I took a bite of this chip my mouth was on fire, and then my throat, and then my stomach.  I could honestly still feel it burning.  We didn't have any milk, so I'm eating plain sour cream to make the burning go away.  Lesson learned, look more closely if Habanero peppers are involved.

4. Fall- The fall weather is finally arriving!  Its so nice to walk to the car after work and not be sweating by the time you get to the car.  I'm trying to talk Robert into carving a pumpkin, but it would have to live at his parents' house since we don't have a porch or balcony.  I suggested the ledge outside of our windows.  Imagine the surprise of someone downstairs if it took a tumble from the 8th floor! 

5. Crafty- Last year my sisters and I decided to make our Christmas gifts for one another.  It went over pretty well and out of the deal I got 2 blankets and some super cute napkin holders. (Yes 2 blankets, although they won't admit it Karen and Michelle think a lot alike and both made the blankets that you tie the ends together.) Well we decided to do this again this year.  I've been looking a lot at etsy.com this week for some inspiration on gift ideas.  If anyone has any ideas, let me know!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment