Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Best Friend's Wedding

Saturday, September 4th I got to see my best friend get married! First, the back story on how Mindy and I met-then some pictures.

Mindy and I met our freshman year at Daphne High School playing volleyball. She and I ended up being the only 2 freshman go to the varsity volleyball camp at the terribleness that is University of Alabama. (I'm not proud to say it, but for a short time I owned a UA Volleyball shirt and considered myself a fan of Alabama VOLLEYBALL. At the time, they had a better program and a better coach then Auburn.) Being the only 2 freshman, we got to room together and bonded on purple powerade and making it "snow" in our room (the room had popcorn ceiling, and we would jump on our bed and bring it all down)!

Camp ended and we became even better friends, and sharing another bond over our hatred of running in the off-season (when Mindy heard I was running a 10K in July, she asked me what happened to the girl who used to hate running just as much as she did!?!) as well as making up a dance to "Down Came a Blackbird." After our freshman year Mindy and her family moved to Montgomery-we didn't get to see one another nearly as much as we would have liked, but we still remained friends. I went to see her a couple of times when her HS volleyball team came in the area to play and then stayed with her in Montgomery a few times. Even if it was a few months or years between seeing each other, we always caught up quickly and never noticed the time lost.

My junior year at Auburn, while Mindy was at Montevallo, she got mono and had to move home for a semester. And her new home was Auburn, where her parents had moved-which meant a lot of hanging out, stalking boys, and Chappy's!

In February I was lucky enough to have Mindy stand by my side in my wedding-and the very next day Josh proposed! I absolutely love Josh-and he makes Mindy so incredibly happy. He is so caring and loving to Mindy and I was so happy to be apart of their special day.

Congratulations Mindy and Josh!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Mindy looked so pretty! I love the bridesmaid dresses!!

    ReplyDelete